SQL Professionals of Chattanooga (SPOC) is a chapter of the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS). We will bring speakers to talk about topics for SQL developers, system admins, BI users and DBAs. Monthly meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month.
An introduction to Scrumban, a framework that can:
• Evolve from Scrum to a unique set of processes and practices, recognizing Lean, Kanban and other patterns, tools and models can be leveraged.
• Introduce Scrum as a software development methodology
• Scale Scrum across an enterprise, dealing with the challenges that Scrum can struggle with
Highlighting the values empiricism, humility and constructive interaction can coalesce with Scrum’s values to help build strong bonds of trust that enable productive gains to be made for your business.
Learn via a case study how a large bank succeeded with Scrumban where other attempts failed.
The event will be proceeded with light refreshments and a chance to network. Speakers will start at 5:30pm with the running order as follows:
• Intro from our MC about Agile Chattanooga
• Scrumban Talk and Q&A
• Networking until 7pm (for those who wish to continue can choose a bar nearby for further discussions)
Chadev started as the brainchild of Kyle Gordy and Justin Spain as a way to keep up with the ever increasing number of events serving the developer community in Chattanooga. Originating as a simple subreddit, then growing to include a curated events calendar, it soon became clear that this was a much needed resource in the Chattanooga tech community.
Currently, Chadev tracks nearly thirty events per month that pertain to the developer/tech community. We are in the process of increasing the reach of our brand, while simultaneously supporting the growth of smaller sub communities for the various specific languages and interest groups. Our hope is to continue to support and promote the developer community, while maintaining an open and inclusive entry point for new people to the community.