28 Aug 2019 CxO Auction – a Success!
CHATTANOOGA, TENN. – Aug 28, 2019 – The Chattanooga Technology Council (ChaTech) hosted its 8th Annual CxO Auction on Thursday, August 22nd at Chattanooga Whiskey Event Hall.
“What a great night! Once again the professional community came together to support ChaTech’s efforts to connect and grow the tech economy in Chattanooga – we had an incredible group of CxO’s volunteer their time to contribute to our mission and our solution providers stepped up to help us put on a much anticipated, fun, fast-paced live auction,” said Kristi Montgomery, ChaTech Board Chair and VP of Innovation for Kenco Logistics.
Jennifer Weaver VP of Infrastructure and Operations for BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee claimed the 2019 Big Cheese title, individually raising over $8,000 for ChaTech’s programs.
This year’s IT leaders on the auction block included:
- Jennifer Butler, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Nick Coussoule, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Jennifer Weaver, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee – the 2019 Big Cheese winner
- Mike Harrison, CBL Properties
- Sean Datcher, Check into Cash
- Brent Messer, City of Chattanooga
- Steve Hitchings, Kenco Logistics
- Scott Lancaster, Kenco Logistics
- Wes Floyd, Kenco Logistics
- Byron Nash, Orthobanc
- Scott Swiney,PlayCore
- Shane Pilcher, Siskin Hospital
- Lynda Fleury, Unum
- Knut Hilles, Volkswagen Chattanooga
The night concluded with a paddle raise for the 2020 ChaTech Scholarship Fund. This scholarship program is open to students enrolled in an information technology or computer science major at a local/regional higher-ed institution. This year, ChaTech raised $5,840 to go towards 2020 scholarships.
ChaTech serves the Chattanooga area by connecting the regional technology community, investing in the region’s technology workforce and talent, promoting Chattanooga as a top technology hub, and by helping grow the regional economy. It is a membership-supported agency.